How to Appoint Hightower Trust Company as Trustee or Agent
If your client would like to appoint Hightower Trust Company as trustee or agent, their Hightower advisor can facilitate an introduction to Hightower Trust Company, who will work with you to help you determine if Hightower’s trustee services are a good fit for your client’s needs. You and/or your client should be prepared to discuss or provide:
• Your client’s estate planning objectives and any documents or drafts that they have
• Statements and relevant documents pertaining to assets that your client currently holds in their trust or anticipates holding in their trust
• Names, relationships, citizenship and countries of residence of beneficiaries and other interested parties
• Recent history or pattern of trust distributions
• Recent trust tax returns and all related estate and gift tax returns
• Unique circumstances that may be relevant to trust administration, such as family dynamics, beneficiary issues, special needs, litigation, business or investment liquidity events, etc.
Following our initial review of your client’s documents and other information, we will guide you and your client through the necessary steps to appoint Hightower Trust Company as trustee or agent.